Job: Account Manager
At Mammoth, our goal is to support small and medium-sized organizations with custom creative solutions to grow their businesses. From branding to marketing to business development and beyond, Mammoth is here to help you level up.
About The Position
Our Account Manager (certified people-person) keeps the client – and the agency — happy, serving as the primary point of contact for our clients. They also represent the client in agency meetings. Their job is to communicate both good and bad news to a client with tact, answer questions, and make certain they receive what they asked for as part of their agreement with Mammoth.
It’s a challenging role requiring a careful balance between the client’s needs, wants and priorities, and the Mammoth’s bottom line. They play a crucial role in client retention as well as potentially bringing in new business.
- Understanding and internalizing our values
- Managing client needs and expectations, while working within Mammoth’s internal capacity
- Scoping project requirements including defining deliverables and resources required to complete projects
- Content management system coordination, setting up projects, and archiving
- Delivering projects on time, ensuring quality standards are met
- Highlighting potential risks and act proactively to resolve issues
- Serving as the first line of quality assurance for clients, including reviewing deliverables and sending/presenting to clients
- Meeting with clients to develop project scopes, refine deliverables, and facilitate knowledge gathering sessions.
- Producing regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular team meetings
- Conducting project post-mortems
- Developing detailed project plans, including work-back schedules and timelines and monitor progress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 8+ years of experience in Project Management, Account Management, Marketing, or related field
- Post-secondary Degree or relative experience, preferably in Business, Communications or Marketing
- Able to effectively communicate and build positive relationships with all types of stakeholders, including clients, colleagues and third parties
- Skills in Asana, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office suite are a significant asset
- Ability to eliminate obstacles through creativity and adaptability
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
What Mammoth Offers
- Competitive benefits package
- 10 days paid vacation
- Learning budget
- A great working environment
- Free snacks!
- Unlimited beverages! (beer, coffee, etc.)
- Performance bonuses based on profits
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job closes September 24th
Interested applicants please forward a copy of your cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org